Monday - Friday
8:00AM - 4:30PM
Monday - Sunday
Services and Responsibilities
- Enhanced 911 Emergency Calls
- Provide full range of law enforcement services for Pope County
- Traffic law enforcement:
- Respond to calls for service
- Investigate motor vehicle accidents
- Water safety program:
- Enforce boating regulations
- Investigate drowning accidents in the county
- Issue permits for special events
- Provide crime prevention and education services to the general public
- Minnesota Crime Alert Network
- Minnesota Crime Watch
- Operation I.D.
- D.A.R.E. (Drug Abuse Resistance Education)
- Public Safety Announcements
- Senior Citizens Rights
- National Child Safety Council
- H.E.L.P. Council
- State and Federal Tobacco Compliance
- Provide investigative services and preparation for prosecution by the County Attorney for all crimes including the following specialty areas:
- Juvenile issues
- Illegal narcotics/substance trafficking
- Welfare fraud
- Responsible for service of Civil Process including Sheriff's sales, special Orders from the court and all arrest warrants emanating from the Court.
- Work child abuse/neglect investigations jointly and separately with Pope County Family Services.
- Responsible for call taking including 911 emergency calls and then dispatching all emergency response units in the County.
- Responsible for security in the courtrooms and adjacent areas.
- Responsible for the transportation of committed patients and prisoners.
- Provide mutual aid for other law enforcement agencies in the County and surrounding areas.
- Provide for specialized in-service training to all employees.
- Coordination for all systems, programs and operations to ensure an integrated response to emergencies, hazards, contamination by hazardous materials and natural disasters.