Pope County Assessor
Monday – Friday
8:00am – 4:30pm
Self Reporting Form
Search Property Records
The Assessor oversees the valuation and classification of all real property in Pope County. The Assessor also appraises and classifies certain personal property for ad valorem property tax.
Specific duties include:
- Locates the property within the County and determines which properties are subject to taxation.
- Determines the use of each property and assigns a classification based on that use.
- Determines which properties qualify for homestead classifications.
- Determines present estimated market value of each property and calculates the tax capacity based on its classification.
- Notifies the taxpayer annually of the classification and market value of their property.
Assessor Information & Resources
Do you have questions about what the Assessor’s office does and how we set property values? Please see this helpful informational video, provided by the Olmsted County Assessors Office.
Mike Wacker, Pope County Assessor