(320) 634-7700 | 130 E. Minnesota Avenue, Glenwood, MN 56334

Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm Contact Us

Form CR-HEV Instructions

Who is Eligible?

You may be eligible for a market value exclusion of up to:

  • $150,000 if you are a United States military veteran with a service-connected disability of 70 percent or more
  • $300,000 if you are a United States military veteran with 100 percent total and permanent service-connected disability

You must be able to verify honorable discharge from the United States Armed Forces and be certified by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) as having service-connected disability.

Homestead Property

This application is not a substitute for a homestead application. You must apply for and be granted homestead on a qualifying property prior to applying for this market value exclusion.

How to Apply

Complete the application and attach all required documentation to your county assessor by December 31 of the current year to be eligible for the exclusion in the next payable tax year.

If you are married and own your home jointly, both you and your spouse must sign the form.

Required Attachments

  • Official military discharge papers (United States Government Form DD214 or other) to verify honorable discharge
  • Any forms that verify your service-connected disability status as certified by the VA

You may supply one letter provided by the VA containing all of the above information.

Use of Information

We use the information on this form to properly identify you and determine if you qualify for the market value exclusion. Your Social Security or Individual Tax Identification number is required. If you do not provide the required information, your application will be denied.


Making false statements on this application is against the law. Minnesota Statutes, Section 609.41 states that giving false information in order to avoid or reduce their tax obligations can result in a fine of up to $3,000 and/or up to one year in prison.

Additional Resources

Your county’s Veterans Service Office and Assessor’s Office can assist you with properly filling out this form.

Last updated by the Pope County Assessor’s office February 28, 2024