The county feedlot program is a cooperative arrangement between the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) and Pope County to administer Minnesota’s Animal Feedlot Rules, Chapter 7020.
The County feedlot program has the responsibility for implementing state feedlot regulations including:
- Education and assistance
- Complaint follow-up
Most feedlot owners are required to register with the state, with updates to registrations completed every 4 years. Any construction or expansion of a feedlot requires a permit in Pope County. Please contact our Feedlot Officer for further information at 320-634-7793.
- MPCA Feedlots
- MPCA Feedlot Registration (PDF)
- MPCA Manure Management Plan – A step-by-step guide for Minnesota Feedlot Operators (PDF)
- MPCA Land Application of Manure-Minimum State Requirements (PDF)
- MPCA Practices for Successful Fall Livestock Manure Application (PDF)
- MPCA Manure Stockpiling, Technical Guidelines (PDF)
- MN Dept of Ag Runoff risk advisory forecast tool
- MN Dept of Ag Certified Testing Laboratories (Manure & Soil)
Annual Feedlot Officer Reports: