(320) 634-7700 | 130 E. Minnesota Avenue, Glenwood, MN 56334

Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00am – 4:30pm Contact Us

Passport Requirements

  • All applicants must apply in person
  • Passport fees
  • Complete a DS-11 passport application form. Download DS-11 form or pick up a form at the Auditor-Treasurer’s Office
  • Applicant’s Social Security Number
  • Parent’s birth names, birth places, and birth dates
  • Proof of Citizenship (provide ONE of the following):
    • Previous (expired) Passport
    • Certified Birth Certificate, if born in the United States
    • Naturalization Certificate
    • Certificate of Birth Abroad, as issued by the State Department
    • NOT ACCEPTED: Hospital Birth Certificates or Baptismal Certificates
  • Proof of Identity (provide ONE of the following):
    • Valid Driver’s License
    • Government ID Card (Federal, State or Municipal)
    • Official Military ID
  • Passport Photos:
    • One 2″ X 2″ identical color photos
    • Background must be solid white or off-white
    • Can be taken at application time at the Pope County Recorder’s office – $13.00
    • School pictures NOT acceptable
  • Special requirements for minors
    • Applicants age 16 and 17 years old must have parental permission of one parent
    • To apply for a passport for any child under age 16, please have BOTH of the following items:
      • Consent from both parents for the child to have a passport, this can be provided in one of two ways:
        1. Both parents appearing with photo ID, OR
        2. One parent present with a notarized Statement of Consent Form from the other parent
      • A certified copy of the child’s birth certificate, even if the child has had a previous passport
    • Apply for your passport early to ensure that you receive it in time. If you have any questions or special needs, please call ahead for help. Once issued, the passport will be mailed directly from the passport agency to your mailing address as indicated on the application.

For the most recent travel requirements to the Caribbean, Bermuda, Panama, Canada or Mexico visit www.travel.state.gov

Passport Cards

Not for travel by air | more information

Application Status and Processing Time

Passports are processed and issued by the Federal Government | current processing times
If you have already applied | check the status of your application

Passport Renewal

Full details for renewing your passport

More Information

Visit www.travel.state.gov