The Recorder’s Office’s priority is to record documents that are presented to our office. The role of the Recorder’s Office is to archive the document that is presented for recording and to make it available for public viewing.
Below are several options for researching Pope County’s recorded land records
- On-line searching via the internet through Tapestry. Tapestry’s pay-as-you-go method offers flexible payment terms. Occasional users can enter a credit card into our secure site or if you anticipate using Tapestry on a frequent basis, sign up as a member and enjoy membership benefits including account payment terms and expanded search capabilities. The web address is: www.landrecords.net
Earliest Image Date for online records: 1857
Earliest Index Date for online records: 1977
- On-line search through Laredo – for everyday users (monthly subscription). Fidlar Technologies has designed Laredo, a remote access product, with your objectives in mind. Laredo’s innovative technology and 24-hour access to the county’s land records allows you to obtain information faster and more efficiently. If you would like additional information on this program, please contact this office. The Laredo land records program is the same user interface that is used at the public workstations in our office.
- On-line tract indexes are available online free of charge. Access our tract index images at: http://gov.arcasearch.com/usmnpop/ provided by ArcaSearch. Our intent in offering access to these indexes free of charge is to aid real estate abstractors and all those who wish to access our archived real estate documents!
Our records are retrievable with a monthly subscription to Laredo or by using the online searching via the internet through Tapestry. All of our records are imaged for these products; however, back-indexing has only been completed back to circa 1977 for Deeds and 1981 for all other documents. To retrieve those non-indexed documents is by document number and in some cases, by book/page number. This website will allow you to find that document number or book/page number!
By entering your search criteria – plat name, subdivision name, lot, block, or section-township-range you will bring up ALL the tract book pages for that particular parcel since its creation! Perusing these pages, will provide you with the document number or the book/page of the document you are looking for. Entering that number into either Laredo or Tapestry, will allow you to retrieve the document image!
As of January 1, 2004, Pope County no longer uses a hand written tract index.
- Update of an Abstract of Title or completion of a Tract Inventory is always the best avenue for complete and accurate information. This office no longer completes Abstracts of Title. A private abstract company will need to be contacted.
- Staff will assist in obtaining copies of recorded documents if a book/page or document number is provided. General information of ownership – Recent transfers, mortgages, satisfaction of mortgages will be researched back one year. Research back beyond one year, will need to be completed by one of the methods listed above. Requests to obtain copies will not be honored without payment.
- Fees: $6.00 fax/email fee for information provided, plus $1.00/Page copy fee.
Pope County Recorder’s Office